I wasn't aware of that. I believed school holidays started yesterday afternoon. Not letting that stand in my way, I dressed Child 2 in his uniform anyway (Child 1 decided she was poorly) and dropped him at the gates and drove off hoping that no one would notice.
Turns out it was school as usual. Lucky for him. Lucky for me.
School holidays always take me by surprise. I never know when they are until they've started, hence we never go anywhere because I'm blissfully oblivious that I should be arranging something in the preceding weeks.
On top of that, we always seem to have one of these ...
and they're never really good at being away from home. And then we'd have to do something about this ...
But if I did go on holiday, it'd have to be somewhere exotic, like Sweden. Where I'd hang with people like these ...
You don't need to be an astro-physicist to see where this is headed, 39,000 ft over the international time line, Three Readers.
That's right! To the Fisher Price Play Family Airport!
On the day of our departure, we'd climb in the Jeep, with barely any luggage, and drive straight up to the sign-in desk. (Mental note - while we're in Sweden look into getting a larger car, as that unfortunate Infantosaurus attack somehow resulted in an extra child.)
There's no customs, or quarantine, or security checks at the Fisher Price Play Family Airport, so we'd bring lots of scissors.
We'd talk to the air hostesses who are all really pleasant and put Mummy and Daddy in First Class, and they say 'Don't worry, we'll mind the children. Just forget they're here!'
And we'd dine at the Snack Bar where, unfortunately, there's too-much Snack and too-little Bar.
And visit the control tower ...
and generally swan about the Mid-Century-looking walkways thinking of flat-roofed architecture and how form follows function etc.
And then we'd climb on board the big plane ... 'Air hostess! The children, remember?'
with its big blue wings and fly off into the big blue yonder towards Sweden!
... where we'd arrive all refreshed ready for our holiday in a gorgeous, blue-roofed holiday house that is the antithesis of flat-roofed structures we so admire.
It looks a little cramped ...
Hey! Gordon's dropped by.
We'd be out everyday shopping and buying things like these ...
and these ...
And more stuff like this ...
We're in Scandinavia after all, and because we left with just a couple of pairs of scissors, we have ample luggage space to bring it all home!
Hooray for the holidays!




I like the way everyone is always facing and smiling at the camera.
ReplyDeleteYes, you wouldn't believe it, but these FP things are becoming major productions for me. They take me ages! I lost one of the talent this morning, and had to make do. I put a lot of effort into the photos. What a waste of time! I had an assistant today to help with the in-flight shots.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your recent visits & comments to Haby G.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous post? Can I book a seat on your next holiday - especially if the air hosties look after the kids?
Ahh..I feel so refreshed and as if I have been on an amazing holiday myself! I especially liked the plane flying into the sky shot, so realistic. Hope you have a fun and smiley time over the holidays, which have started, by the way...x
ReplyDeleteI love it! We can take all the scissors we want. Yay! I noticed a Canadian flag at the airport, well done FP.
ReplyDelete( Psssst! Can't help but notice that the baby at the beginning is a bit underdone?)
ReplyDeleteBut you have to be careful.
There are a lot of swedes over there.
I always have hated them, but that didn't stop my mother hiding them under the boiled potatoes and smothering the lot in her gluggy gluey white sauce.
Whoops! Sorry!
ReplyDeleteI thought we were still talking about the cooking groups.
Hilarious! And love the scissors.
ReplyDeleteYour holiday is already more fun than mine.
SO good to see someone else has hoarded their fisher price toys!
ReplyDeleteMilady, I see you're from Colorado. That's what Fisher Price does; it calls people.
ReplyDelete