Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finally ...

Three Readers,
I don't follow fashion. It doesn't interest me.

Start talking shoes, handbags and clothing and my eyes will glaze and I'll begin to think things like "I'd really like to visit a zoo" ... or "I wonder where I could get one of Arne Jacobsen's taps?" etc.




Wear what you will. I don't care.

So, imagine my uncharacteristic interest when I stumbled across this, this morning. American Vogue July 2010 has caught on to the Mid-Century way of the future.




There's not enough architecture or furnishings  ...



But there's a doll's house ...



And a cool Citroen ... so I'll let the architectural oversights slide.



Three Readers, we're ahead of our time. You can see the whole thing here.

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are really creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still too much fashion for my liking....zzzzzzzz.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, they are a little gothic when I look over them ... though to give them credit, I think they would look better, bigger.

    Ct, there was a kitchen shot ... I initially got quite excited, but it was hardly MC at all. The styling may have been better ... and there was also a shot of champagne glasses and i couldn't tell if they were the flat glasses, as opposed to flutes. Not sure they had fluted champers glasses back then ... but I'm no expert.

    ReplyDelete